Monday, January 7, 2008

Mike Huckabee’s Voting Record On Taxes, Amnesty Criticized

From ALI-PAC --

Former Arkansas governor has consistently supported tax hikes so you can pay for benefits and welfare for illegal aliens

January 6, 2008
By Julia Foster


For 10 years, as governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee supported amnesty and taxpayer-financed welfare and health care for illegal aliens and increased taxes numerous times. Now, after sniffing the political winds, he poses as tough on illegal aliens and a tax-whacker.
His recent conversion has inspired many evangelical Christians to flock to his support, as they did to President Jimmy Carter in 1976—with disastrous results. Many are unaware that Huckabee’s record betrays his new-found words.


As a born-again, ordained Southern Baptist minister, it would behoove Huckabee to explain his late life conversion to his sheep, who see him as their shepherd. If elected, will Huckabee stick to his present position or revert to coddling criminal aliens and raising taxes?

It is common for promises made in presidential campaigns to be broken once the office is won. President Bush the Elder promised, “Read my lips: no new taxes” in the 1988 campaign and raised taxes as president. President Bill Clinton ran as a “peace” candidate and ordered the invasion of Serbia, Kosovo, Haiti and Somalia. Truth is more easily found in records than in words.

To deny illegal aliens tax-paid welfare and health care, plus low in-state college tuition rates, would not be “Christian,” Huckabee said many times,.

The Arkansas Journal blog has uncovered a video showing Huckabee begging the state legislature to raise taxes. He says:

“Some have suggested [increasing the tax on tobacco at the retail level]. If that ends up being your preference, I will accept that. Others have suggested a surcharge on the income tax; that’s acceptable; I’m fine with that.

“Others have suggested, perhaps, a sales tax; that’s fine. Yet others have suggested a hybrid that will collect some monies from any one or a combination of these various ideas, and if that’s the plan that the House and Senate agree upon, then you will have nothing but my profound thanks.”

5 comments:

  1. The fact that below "leave your comment" is "Don't be scared!" scares me....nevertheless....

    Right on.


    I'm glad you posted that, but I doubt any Evangelical is searching the web on scandalous news ("devil-talk") revolving around the redeemer of the world...erh..United States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Evangelical is most certainly searching the web for the truth of Huckabees voting record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As is this one, I'm not going to automatically trust the man because he claims to be a Christian. I do believe that he is a real believer but there's something that I don't trust about him. I've been trying to figure out if I'm just being silly or not. I'm a first time voter and its hard to decide if I should vote for a candidate who I agree with religiously, issue wise, who would make the best leader, or who could beat the dems considering that I am a republican. Hah. But, the more I look into him, the more inconsistencies I find. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

    Anon #1 - I put "Don't be scared" because many people just read posts and do not comment. So the "Don't be scared" is there to let people know these blogs don't bite.

    I do not censor any comments on here and I encourage people to be open, biting, and forward. This is to be used as a forum to freely speak your mind. Regardless if I agree with a comment, unless vulgar or obscene, it will be left for all to see.

    As for Evangelicans searching about info on Huckabee - you would be suprised! As you see their is a comment beow yours on an Evangelican searching about Huckabee. In fact this post has been the most viewed of all posts on my site over the last 2-3 weeks.

    *** Mom of 8 -

    WOW! You should get a medal or something for raising 8 children. Good or bad - I am sure 8 kids were a handful!

    Anon #2 - No you are not being silly. In fact I commend you for not just "giving" you vote to a candidate. All to often people do not research and educate themselves about candidates, I feel this is very wrong. You cheat yourself and you neighbors by doing this.

    As for the type of candidate - do what you feel is best! Vote for who your gut tells you to vote for and don't worry what anybody says.

    For me - Character, issues, and who I feel is the best leader is how I vote. Understand, I am very, very mindful of their religious beliefs - but they should not rule by them.

    A belief in a higher power, God, regardless of denomination (except Mormon)is very important. I believe our President should be guided by his conscience, as it stems from their religious beliefs.

    Huckabee scares me for his taxing, open immigration, and proclivity to be a hypocritical Holy Roller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Anonymous, where are you getting "redeemer of the US" at for Mike Huckabee? It's Obama that everyone followed blindly, and look where we are now.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared!