Wednesday, January 23, 2008

King for ORP State Central Committee


For Immediate Release

RE: Declaration of Candidacy


Dear Fellow Republican,

I am currently a candidate for State Central Committee of the Ohio Republican Party in the 25th Ohio Senate District. After much thought and consideration on my part, along with, encouragement from fellow Central Committee members of the Republican Party of Cuyahoga County, I have decided to enter this race.

My introduction to politics was getting involved in the community in which I have lived for 35 yrs, Bedford, OH. During this time, I have been very active in all aspect of our community affairs ranging from running for council, working with the Lions Club, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce to the Bedford Garden Club. I am currently Vice President of the Bedford Historical Society

I have been involved with Republican party politics for about 6 years and serving on the Cuyahoga County Republican Party Central Committee for the last 4 years. In this time I have worked diligently within the limits of my role as a Central Committee member to expand and improve our conservative values in Cuyahoga County, Ohio & the United States.

I have volunteered on many local & county elections during this time. During the last presidential election I am proud to say that I was instrumental in bringing the Swift Boat Veterans & POW’s for Truth into the Bedford & Cuyahoga County for several speaking engagements. These two groups proved to be the most effective of any in our work to get President Bush reelected.

The current environment and past practices of our party are stifling our party’s growth. Our party sits at a very dangerous crossroad. Our old leadership did produce some meaningful victories but its’ failure to practice what it preached washed our party’s majorities away in a sea of scandal, tax increases, and fiscal irresponsibility. I am running to bring new leadership to our party – leadership that will create a new Ohio GOP that truly represents our Republican principles.

With your help & support, when I am elected as your State Central Committeeman, WE together, can & will, bring an renewed energy to recreate and reenergize the spirit and soul of our party.


Thank You,

Ralph W. King


8 comments:

  1. After listening to you at the meeting the other night you can count on my vote!

    It was so nice to finally see somebody question the so called leaders of our local party. I stand dumbfounded at the current decisions our party leaders have been making.

    I like Dave Bailey and he has loyally served our party for many years. But it will be so nice to see some new faces leading our party.

    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second your feelings.

    It was very nice to see someone other than May finally say Bullshit!

    Luks for Recorder?
    Sutherland for Commissioner?

    They can't be serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. King --

    From one Browns fan to another: Good luck, and go for it. Charge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. King

    Just found this info on you and you can count on my vote. I will be emailing this to everyone I know.

    You are right that the current enviroment cannot continue.

    Good luck Mr. King

    J.M.B.
    Euclid, OH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much had my ass handed to me...

    Congrats to Dave Bailey.

    Not to worry... I will stil be a pain in their ass and will continue to push for the RPCC to be effective once more.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared!