Friday, February 16, 2007

Free Speech or Selective Free Speech

I am sure how everyone has heard about former NBA superstar, Tim Hardaways's anti-gay remarks the other day.

Hardaway was in Las Vegas to help promote the All Star Game and made the following remarks while in a radio interview -

First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team," the former Miami Heat star said. "And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

When show host Dan Le Batard told Hardaway those comments were "flatly homophobic" and "bigotry," the player continued.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," he said. "I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway also said if he did find out that a teammate was gay, he would ask for the player to be removed from the team.

"Something has to give," Hardaway said. "If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room that's upset and can't concentrate and always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it's going to be hard for your teammates to win and accept him as a teammate."
Hardaway apologized for his comments, which came a week after John Amaechi became the first former NBA player to say he was gay.

I have to remark about the hypocrisy of the outcry as it shows their IS a "Homosexual Agenda" being forced on our country and rammed downed the throat of "straight" people.

Why the outcry for this man speaking his feelings? He did not say go out and beat up gay people.


Isn't it the NBA's fault for not having a Gay Awareness Program? For that matter, shouldn't our country think about a Dept. of Gay Awareness? It can be put next to Kucinich's Dept. of Peace.

I wonder where all the people are that usually come to the defense of murderers, child molesters, drug dealers, and enemy combatants? Why no outcry of understanding from them?

Rough upbringing, questionable childhood, education, and maybe limited mental capacity, can't these arguments used to defend the former, be used to defend Hardaway's remarks?

Why is it we are not being asked to understand his views, as he may find homosexuality offensive? Why no calls defending his right to Free Speech?

I get it - It is OK to call the President a liar, a murderer, incompetent, etc... on TV, burn the American Flag, call our troops mercenaries, undermine the efforts of the war and national security and print classified information in the newspapers in the name of "Free Speech".

Now I want to get this right -It is Free Speech when Kerry says our troops are uneducated or Barack says our fallen soldiers are wasted lives, but it isn't Free Speech when Hardaway speaks his feelings on homo's?

No homosexual agenda? Bullshit!

Don't we have the right to free speech? Or do we have a right to selective free speech?

KING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared!