Wednesday, February 27, 2008

William F. Buckley Jr. Passes

My condolences to the Buckley Family.

From NRO --
William F. Buckley Jr. (1925-2008) [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

I’m devastated to report that our dear friend, mentor, leader, and founder William F. Buckley Jr., died this morning in his study in Stamford, Connecticut.

He died while at work; if he had been given a choice on how to depart this world, I suspect that would have been exactly it. At home, still devoted to the war of ideas.

As you might expect, we’ll have much more to say here and in NR in the coming days and weeks and months. For now: Thank you, Bill. God bless you, now with your dear Pat. Our deepest condolences to Christopher and the rest of the Buckley family. And our fervent prayer that we continue to do WFB’s life’s work justice.

A gentleman sent this to me in my email today. He did not indicate if he wanted his name attributed to the post - so I am leaving it off. The below remarks reflect his feelings and the effect Buckley had on him....

--- For many like me, who came of age – or at least political awareness – under Reagan, as well as so many more both before and since, we developed our views and philosophy under the guidance and wisdom of William F. Buckley Jr., who passed away today. His presence will be deeply missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared!