Sunday, December 7, 2008

CCW Permit Holder Rules eased in some National Parks & Wildlife Refugees

Here is some good news for CCW Permit holders and supporters of our Second Amendment...

From USA Today --

People will now be able to carry concealed weapons in some national parks and wildlife refuges.

The new Interior Department rules allow an individual to carry a loaded weapon in a park or wildlife refuge — but only if the person has a permit for a concealed weapon. The state where the park or refuge is located must also allow guns in parks.

The rule overturns a 25-year-old regulation that has restricted loaded guns in parks and wildlife refuges. The previous regulations required that guns be unloaded and placed somewhere that is not easily accessible, such as in a car trunk.

I would have to advise through experience. Be careful! Some 18 years ago I was driving through Bedford Metro Parks on the way home from some shooting. At the time I my FFL (Class 1) license was in good standing, I had an unloaded .380 locked in the glove box and some other cool guns in the trunk. The ammo was in a shooting bag in the backseat.

I was pulled over by a park ranger... with my hands visible, he was immediately informed there were unloaded weapons in the vehicle. He went Barney Fife Ape Shit! Little did I know - you are not allowed to even transport guns through the metroparks. Even if they are secured and being transported in a legal manner.

So you don't have to go through the time and money I wasted getting my guns back - remember - make sure to check the park you are going through allows firearms at all - even for CCW permit holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared!