Sunday, November 25, 2007

Marlboro Man - An American Soldier / Part II

This is the second of a two part series written by Luis Sinco. Sinco is a L.A. Times photographer who took the now infamous picture of a battle worn and injured U.S. Marine, Blake Miller, taking a smoke break after a battle in Fallujah.

From the LA Times --
James Blake Miller was in a world of pain, and I figured I should be by his side.

A veterans' treatment program in West Haven, Conn. -- arguably the best in the nation -- offered hope. Moe Armstrong, a pioneer in vet-to-vet counseling, had heard of the Marlboro Marine's troubles and sent him feelers about coming for a visit. Despite my reservations about getting too involved, I had flown from Los Angeles to Kentucky to help Miller grab this lifeline. I coaxed him into my rental car and we headed north.
More....

Here is Part 1 of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared!