Tuesday, May 13, 2008

1, 2, 3, 5, 9, 14, 32, 45 - 57!

What is it with the Democrats and math?

Hillary can't count delegates or how many times Bill has cheated on her and Obama can't count states or cyclone victims....

From LA Times Blogs --
"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

The Times' conscientious Robin Abcarian thought she heard something different there. She checked her tape recorder. It had captured what he had actually said -- 57 states now. A new Louisiana Purchase that's gone unannounced so far? Was he channeling his inner
John Kerry-Heinz 57 personality?

(UPDATE: At a later stop Obama was talking with reporters and expressed concern he'd also mis-stated the number of potential cyclone victims in Burma. He said, ""I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It's a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh." At that point, an aide cut him off and ushered journalists out. Before he could mis-speak again?)
More...

The numbers don't lie... only politicians do!

2 comments:

  1. Could be on to something here with the 57 states and Heinz 57 connection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12, 26, 34, 41, 57!

    Damn - I think you may be right Ben!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared!