This should come as no surprise as honesty and integrity have NEVER quite been their cup of tea.From Ohio News Now --
- Nine MBA students at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business faced expulsion, and 25 others lesser punishments, for their roles in an exam-cheating scandal - the most high-profile of several this year.
- Nine students were dismissed and another 37 given lesser punishments for cheating on an exam at Indiana University's dental school. At the U.S. Air Force Academy, 18 were expelled and 13 placed on probation. And Ohio University continued to deal with the fallout of a report that found "rampant and flagrant" plagiarism by graduate students in its mechanical engineering department.
- Marilee Jones, a popular and admired dean of admissions at MIT, resigned after admitting she had fabricated her resume when she first applied to work at MIT in the 1970s and never corrected the record. Jones was a prominent campaigner to help students reduce their anxiety about impressing and applying to top colleges, and the revelations stunned the admissions community.
- An investigation by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo called into question whether students really get honest advice from college officials who are supposed to help them navigate the maze of financial aid. Cuomo's investigation and The New America Foundation, a think-tank, have exposed conflicts of interest among a handful of financial aid officers and loan companies.
- Several officials at prominent schools have been suspended while their stock ownership in loan companies is investigated. On Monday, the University of Texas fired its financial aid director, Lawrence Burt.
Tim Dodd, executive director of the Center for Academic Integrity, at Duke University added...
"I think the ... more frightening figure is the fact that 20 (percent) to 25 percent admit to five or more (instances of cheating)"......
"The fact that we have a quarter of more of our students admitting they've engaged in serial cheating does not inspire a lot of confidence about the credibility of their degrees." More....
For more on the liberal agenda being indoctrinated on our country by the liberals and democrats in higher education, check out these posts from, Darth Dilbert, at Return of the Conservatives.
Darth Dilbert is our "Defender of the Conservative Universe" who continually fights to keep us from the Black Hole of liberalism -