Sunday, September 28, 2008

Barack O'Shameless - Was asked NOT to wear Fallen Soldiers Bracelet!

H/T to Tom at Bizzy Blog on this one.

Barack Obama has no shame. This man will say or do anything to hijack the presidency. In what has to probably be the biggest affront to our soldiers and one of their fallen comrades by a politician - Obama puts his self interest, before the wishes of a fallen soldiers grieving mother.

In the debate the other night John McCain spoke about how a mother of a fallen soldier asked him to wear her sons bracelet....

And I'll tell you, I had a town hall meeting in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, and a woman stood up and she said, "Senator McCain, I want you to do me the honor of wearing a bracelet with my son's name on it."

He was 22 years old and he was killed in combat outside of Baghdad, Matthew Stanley, before Christmas last year. This was last August, a year ago. And I said, "I will -- I will wear his bracelet with honor."

And this was August, a year ago. And then she said, "But, Senator McCain, I want you to do everything -- promise me one thing, that you'll do everything in your power to make sure that my son's death was not in vain."
As McCain was speaking, Obama, who was barely able to contain himself, almost broke his wrist scrambling to look for a military bracelet given to him by the mother of another fallen soldier.

Senator Barack O'Smugness, like a fifth grader on a playground, couldn't wait to chirp in that he had a bracelet too....

Jim, let me just make a point. I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant - from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopeck (ph), given to me ingrain bin green bay. She asked me, can you please make sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through.
The McCain / Obama difference here? McCain took a break from politics during this exchange in the debate. McCain was speaking from his heart about the bracelet given to him from the fallen soldiers mother. McCain wears the bracelet with honor.

Obama, on the other hand, feels his bracelet is to be worn as "bling" and uses it to score political points - even after Sgt. Jopek's mother asked him to stop.

Tom's post links to an interview between father of slain soldier Ryan David Jopek, and “Route 51″ show host Glenn Moberg. Here are some excerpts of the interview with Mr. Jopek...

Brian Jopek: ....she just wanted to put a name, y’know, Mr. Obama to know Ryan’s name. That’s all. It was just something that she had intended, uh, to just hand to him. She wasn’t looking to turn it into a big media event, which of course is what it ended up being. She just wanted it to be something between Barack Obama and herself....

Jopek: She has turned down any subsequent interviews with the media because she just didn’t want it to get turned into something that it wasn’t. She had told me in an email that she had asked, actually asked Mr. Obama to not wear the bracelet any more at any of his public appearances.

Jopek:
"...that’s a choice that he continues to wear it despite Tracy asking him not to…"
More
Obama - you are scum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared!